View Single Post
      08-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
The exhaust is on the way and I already removed my resonators so I'm excited to get it and have it installed next week. The sport system basically sounds close to the race version with the valves open, but with them closed it is quiet to the point that it just eliminates drone. Honestly I would have taken the race or the sport, just took what was available at the time. The valves come on the sport, the race has no valves and has a bit of a different sound.

You can buy the exhaust for $3k on ebay for the F10 M5 new and the rear section only for the M5/M6 can be interchanged, the muffler shop might just have to relocate a hanger or just bend one on the muffler, maybe not at all. I have spoken to someone on the forum that put an M5 rear section Eisenmann on his M6 GC without any modification or issue.
hey, just curious, when you say system, the pipes start from the final cats?

Anymore info about the M5 rear section interchangeability? Is it the axel back part that may be interchangeable according to that member?

Also, so is there a major sound difference if you go with the full system versus just the rear section?