View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreo View Post
Yes, I was told the same thing too but never actually saw an Audi with the feature in action. With the BMW park assist, the Surround View makes maneuvering the vehicle in and out of parking spots effortlessly with full confidence and poise. All you need to do is to watch the display as the vehicle tucks in or out of any tight spots. For a vehicle of such length, it is a marvel to watch the precision parking both from inside and outside the vehicle, especially when equipped with IAS.
To be honest my biggest concern is other people dinging my car (fingers crossed I haven't jinxed my parking skills now ). The GC is so big (or looking at it the other way UK parking spaces so small) it takes up the full length of parallel bays, and the full width of perpendicular bays.

It's always a worry that someone else will smack their door into my car. The protective trim around the car has generally gone out of fashion now (I remember it fondly from my E46 coupe back in the day). Cars may look better without it, but atleast you never used to have to worry about dings from careless people parking next to you :/
Appreciate 0