View Single Post
      02-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
LarrySinNJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Six months in - Now with pics

You may have read elsewhere that after leasing 4 3ers, my dealer proposed a loaded executive vehicle for lease. While probably $200/mo more than a new 3 series lease, it was probably about $500-$600/mo less than leasing a new 640, which frankly would have been out of reach.

The car is beautiful, inside and out (I especially love the red interior), but the one annoyance is the front air dam. It's low and wide and very susceptible to scratching, especially here in the northeast, where there are many narrow and occasionally steep roads. I need to be very careful when parking, in that the front will not clear most conventional concrete parking lot bumpers.

Other than that, high points are the interior fit and finish, though I just missed the "tile"/OTA updates version of the iDrive, and would have loved to get CarPlay. There are some costly upgrades, like the night vision, but this definitely saved me from a potentially serious accident a few weeks back, along with the lane change and collision detection. The B&O sound system, while good, is not worth the $3,700. My source is my iPhone from CDs ripped at 192K. If I really want to listen loud, I can go to about 80% volume comfortably; which is still a significantly less than the "current" music I hear coming from a tricked out Honda Civic.

Gonna get it washed later today and I'll post some pics.
Attached Images

2011 E90 328i xDrive Space Grey/Black Leather(Ret'd)
2009 E90 328i xDrive Monaco Blue/(Ret'd) 2007 E90 328i xDrive Graphite (Ret'd)

Last edited by LarrySinNJ; 02-07-2017 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0