View Single Post
      03-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #26
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Check out my cars, the owner of the company I work for has had a couple of RS6's including the current model, which you guys don't get over there. I also drove an RS3 when I was thinking about one of those versus an M135i or 435i GC, but then I drove the C63 and fell in love with it.

The Audi's all feel VERY heavy at the front and don't like changing direction because as Ilia said they place the entire engine in front of the front wheels. It's like being on one of those spinny things at a playground and sticking your legs out versus holding them in.

If you like going around corners I would stay away from any Audi apart from of course the R8.

An interesting issue with the RS6 that I have never seen mentioned in a review is the torque steer that it has, the front diff is mounted quite some distance out to the side (have a look at quattro cutaways online to see this) and it means that the entire car pulls to the left just like a turbo FWD car. Absolutely horrible if you enjoy powering out of corners!

I note that xdrive and 4matic have the diff next to the engine which means it is much furthe forward but still offset to one site. I haven't seen anything mentioning the same torque steerbehaviour with either system though.
Appreciate 0