View Single Post
      04-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RX8, Alfa Romeo GTV, 640d GC

Extended warraty

As you guys know, I recently bought the GC. Anyway, just wondering, this car was previous an AUC and the warranty is running out soon. The previous owner supplied me with the letter he got from BMW which included the Vehicle Registration, Login Name, PIN number, Policy Number and Expiry Date. If I were to renew it, I assume the warranty will be carried over to the new owner (i.e. me?) It is quite good actually because when I checked online, the warranty is available with £0 excess which didn't seem to be available with the other cars I checked. Not sure why.

Also, I noticed that the letter said: ** BMW Service Inclusive provides scheduled service for 5 years or 50,000 miles (whichever comes first) at BMW Service Authorized Workshops; maintenance items (e.g. tyres, brake pads) not covered not transferable to another vehicle. <b>Please note 2nd brake fluid change not included.<b> I take it the engine oil on idrive is not the "brake fluid" right? In fact, I am not sure if brake fluids are checked on iDrive ?

Finally, can I buy a service pack after the original one has expired? I phoned up BMW and they said that I can't but we get an automatic 12% discount or something ??

Unless specifically mentioned, the
benefits and exclusions within each
section, apply to the insured
vehicle.

That is what it says in the PDF file I see.

Last edited by AceCobra1; 04-24-2016 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 1