View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #49
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
You mean CF roof is not as nice as sunroof or even nicer?
???? I'm kind of confused by this. Can you see through the CF roof? If not, then it is not nicer. The M6 GC is one of the darkest interiors I've ever been in. The lack of sunroof in that car removes it from my list and many other's list. So no, it is not as nice - in fact, the painted roof and black sunroof look better - to me at least.

Quote:
How do you compare ZF8 with DCT?
Most would say that the ZF8 is superior for daily driving. The DCT blows it away on the track of course, but I'm thinking that most of us spend our time on the street.

Quote:
it's not just about power! the more important thing is how to manage and control that power and that's why you need sporty suspension and some fast transmission like DCT.
None of that matters in a Chicago winter. I'll take on any M6 from Nov-March here But seriously, the 650 is pretty doggy off the line. I would hope the M6 does not have the lag - the way the turbos are plumbed should eliminate most of that.

Quote:
I don't know why you and other people talk about 911TT while the discussion is about BMW 6 series which is a GT car! I mean the one who wants 6 series has a reason cannot be compared with a 2 seats sport car like 911. and also you have to pay alot to get 911 TT or TTS.
I would expect the M6 and M6GC to be compared to the 911 and not the 911TT. In that case just like all of your points above such as
"it's not just about power! the more important thing is how to manage and control that power and that's why you need sporty suspension and some fast transmission like DCT."
go against the M6 and go in favor of the more nimble 911.
Appreciate 0