Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
See the last sentence in my post. Do those 2 also come with stupid repair bills & PITA to work on? If so, pass.
how is a cherokee srt not going to have shitty reliability

edit: most of those cars on your list are not by any stretch reliable
This.

I'd be more concerned about long-term ownership and reliability on most of those cars than I would a modern BMW. Buying an old, used car of any origin is expensive and time consuming, but if we're comparing new vs. new, then no need to discriminate against the Germans!

Of the American brands, Chevy or Cadillac would be the only ones I feel make a good, reliable car. A Ford or Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge product? Forget it!

FWIW, I worked at an emissions testing facility back when I was still trying to get through college. We've also had several GM, Chrysler, and Ford vehicles in my family over the last 20 years, so I've seen a thing or two in my relatively short 31-year life. . Then, there literally are a billion ethical reasons why Ford is just a horrible, horrible company to buy a car from. You wouldn't believe some of the stories my neighbor has told me about from his time working as an engineer at ZF and Ford.