View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #59
dmz
Captain
Rep
Drives: me nuts

Yes, the 5, 6 and 7 series share the same platform. But the 6 series is closer in luxury and fatures to the the 5 series than the 7 Series. So why would you expect it to be priced closer to the 7 series than the 5 series?

Go ahead, keep drinking the cool aid that BMW is serving you. If you think it makes sense to over charge for the 6SC, the more power to you. But looks like the majority of the people here don't seems to agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbimmer19 View Post
I really don't get why it is so hard to understand that 5 series and 6 series are completely different cars that target completely different audience.
5 series targets executives looking for a midsize daily driver.

On the other hand, 6 series is sibling to 7 series and has been since New Six in the 60s with BMW E3 and BMW E9.
640i and 650i are priced similar, basically the same as 740i and 750i.

5 series is on a shortened platform of 7 series, do people have a problem with 7 series being more expensive than 5 series? no.

I believe the problem comes from people thinking that 6 series is just a coupe version of 5 series like the 4 series is to 3 series.

Mercedes CL is on the same platform as Mercedes S class, similar concept we have with 6 series and 5 series, (even though 6 series is really sibling to 7 series.) CL is over $20,000 more expansive than S class.
I doubt CL owners don't understand why or bitch about having to pay $20k more than S class
Appreciate 0