View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #55
dmz
Captain
Rep
Drives: me nuts

Uhh, then how do you explain that the M6GC is priced higher than the camparable AMG CLS63? I am a huge BMW fan. But this is nothing more than a money grab by BMW while they believe their product is in high demand.

I get your point about having a higher end car for the brand. I have no problem with that if they come out with a mind engine supercar to compete with the R8 and 911 Turbo and charge over $150k for it. But dressing up a 5 series platform and charge premium for it is not a good business practice in my opinion and does a disservice to the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbimmer19 View Post
BMW has to make a jump in higher end product(s) and price to be a truly prestigious brand.
Look at the inventory of your or local dealerships.
BMW tops out at about $130k with M6's and a few 7ers at $150k.
But excluding 760Li, 650 GC is generally more expensive than 750Li.
BMW fans see a price tag over $100k and call it overpriced.

On the other hand, look at the inventory of Mercedes and they have load of cars at $150k-$200k such as SLS, SL AMG, CL AMG, S AMG, G wagon.
What makes the three pointed star a truly prestigious brand.

BMW really needs to establish 6 and 7 series at $100k-$130k range market and introduce CS concept II (8 series Gc) at higher price with M8 GC costing around $150k (similar to CL63).
That's their goal currently, to bridge to gap between BMW brand and rolls royce.
I can't wait to see the reaction of BMW fans when a car priced around $150k msrp comes out.
Appreciate 0