10-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLusts4BMW View Post
Thanks for the great feedback.

I did call my SA first thing this morning. He usually calls me back in the afternoon. Monday mornings are especially bad for him.

Sorry not too technical. It is the "autostartstop" It is so nice not to deal with having to constantly be pushing the start stop button. As I said before this should have been a no brainer before they released the feature. I am sure some EPA regulation made them purposely do that. BMW is too smart to have simply not realize there customers would soon complain. At least they can now can prove to the powers to be that they tried but their goal is to satisfy the customer base. Same thing AAPL does with its software Fix bugs as new IOS x are released and the Geek squads of the universe rush to point problems.
I'm glad you posted this issue with the aside on the software drop. I've always wondered if BMW would disable the "autostopstart" via software if asked. Wasn't sure if that was part of the deal on the EPA mileage rating given the car. Might save us gas guzzler fees.

As a Mac person as well, I hope BMW is as good as Apple USED to be in addressing this issue. The current AppleTV "upgrade" is a disaster. So glad I went to the web before just hitting "upgrade" like I've done for the last 6 years on all things Apple.

Interesting that you're getting warnings totally unrelated. Very complex system.
Appreciate 0