View Single Post
      03-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
suraj
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i Black

2014 M6 GC or M5

My lease on 2012 X5 50i gets over in a couple of months. Prior to that I had a 2007 530i. I have been in the BMW family for 8 years now and would like to continue the same. However, I am looking for something difference - an exciting and special/cool ride. In my area (Seattle), there are far too many 3s, 5s, 7s, X5s, X3s, several Mercedes/Lexus and few Porsche models. As a result, the current (and past) vehicle doesn’t feel special.

Thus, I am seriously considering the 6 GC – I hardly see them on the roads. And the M6 GC to make it more fun. There are many things I like and some not as much.

Pros:

- Looks very aggressive from both font and back! Sits low. For a change, the rear end of 6 looks cool – it is wider and lower than a 5
- Drives extremely well and feels like a sports car. Over the weekend I drove a fully loaded M6 GC and I am still excited by the feel of the ride ***61514;
- Shakir orange and Blue colors are very nice
- It has the cool factor that very few cars have. I know that’s a very subjective assessment

Cons

- We don’t get much sun here in Seattle. I enjoy the panoramic glass roof on my X5. However, the 6 has carbon roof – meaning no glass roof and the interior looks dark
- Much pricier than M5. For lease, it will make couple of hundred difference/month. I can swing it but I feel like BMW is charging too much extra for a different form factor
- Rear room is a slight con but it will be used primarily by kid

I would love to hear feedback and your thought process when you decided to get the M6 GC.
Also, did you consider M5 – what made you decide for M6?
Appreciate 0