View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 12:25 PM   #56
Motivology
'14 M6 GC Comp Owner
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnson32 View Post
Hey DK -- glad it was a worthwhile read, and I appreciate the kind words. Certainly didn't do anything groundbreaking with my 'build' but just wanted to be thoughtful with the few mods I did etc without changing the character of the car that much. From the first time I drove an M6 GC I loved nearly everything about the car in its factory state, so I didn't want to mess up an already great car in my mind.

I really haven't done any mods that aren't already documented in this thread. A lot of what's been taking place recently has been maintenance related preparing the car for the next 100k miles. 105k oil change was just done last week, and I will be taking care of pads, rotors, and front control arms here in early April.

I would like to at some point do the Akrapovic M Performance exhaust mated with some High Flow Catted DP's and the M Performance CF Mirror Caps just to really have a fully "OEM Plus" kitted car with all the M Performance parts available for it. That being said, none of these are really at the top of my priority list as far as money spend goes right now. I have been driving this car in all seasons in Minnesota (with no complaints) however I would like to add a winter vehicle for the sake of longevity with the M6. That exhaust and mirror cap money would be better served as part of a down payment on an SQ7 or MY19+ Cayenne Turbo I think

The M6 isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, so my plan is to revisit those mods down the road. Will be sure to document them here when they happen!

I’m glad to hear your M6 is treating you well. I am curious how long it will last past 100K considering the notorious rod bearing issues.

Akrapovic M Performance exhaust system would be killer - it would add a nice finishing touch to your M6. Ha - you can’t go wrong with SQ7 or Cayenne Turbo so I get it. You can always do that mod down the road.

Good to know you’ve been driving it all season in the Minnesota weather - no issues on cold days? I try to let it warm up on cold mornings, or at least drive slow in the beginning to let it warm up.

Which mod would you say is your favorite, or your top 3? I just picked up my new-to-me high spec '14 M6 Gran Coupe Competition and looking to do some mods (tint, windshield film, wheels, apple carplay with new screen for starters).

-DK
Appreciate 0