View Single Post
      11-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #44
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettie1767
I got the same response from the dealer again today. They said BMW engineers told them that it is normal for high performance brakes to squeal and for me to brake harder. So, I told the dealer, if this is your response, you just lost a customer. As soon as I said that, I get a call from the dealer telling me they will escalate and to have new brakes ordered but it has to be approved by BMW USA. I told them, do what you have to do because I will not take 'it is normal' for an answer. I said, if this is normal, you should document it in the owner's manual and also add it to the Monroney sticker so that an unsuspecting buyer will know beforehand to expect squealing brakes before plunking down $126k for a car.

A few minutes later, dealer calls again and tells me BMW USA approved the request to order a new set of brakes. Total cost is about $5k. If they know how to treat their customers right, $5k is chump change.
I'm sorry but it is normal for high performance floating rotors with an aggressive pad to make noise . All you have to do is change out the pads to a less aggressive compound . You are being very unreasonable . We as customers have complained to BMW to put more capable brakes / pads on the M5/6 over the last generation and when they do people complain a bout them making noise which IS normal for any high performance rotor /pad combo . Like I said change out the pads to a less aggressive compound and put high temp anti sqeel compound on the backing plates of the pads .
Appreciate 0