View Single Post
      11-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #6
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Up to last June I'd spent more than a year test driving loads of different cars including fast Audis, Mercs, BMWs and a Porsche in an attempt to replace my 2011 640i convertible. Several amongst them were very good cars but whenever I got back in my car I always thought 'nothing feels as special as this'. Ok, other cars I drove were a lot faster and handled better, but the only way to enjoy them was in potential licence-losing mode, whereas the 6 was always fast enough for me and it felt great at any speed or even stuck in a traffic jam.
Upshot was that I went for exactly the same but different. I got another 640i F12 but this time I specced it with Adaptive Drive suspension along with several other goodies including the amazing Driving Assistant Plus.
I got the car in September and although I'm still running it in and I'm restraining my right foot, I'm so glad I went for another 6. The variable suspension modes make it feel like a different car but it still has that glorious interior made even better with the Comfort Seat package.
OP, you have a 640d, why not try the petrol version? I know it doesn't have the torque of the diesel but it's a beautifully free revving engine and it sounds fantastic.
Appreciate 0