View Single Post
      07-04-2023, 09:49 AM   #4
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

We just spent about 4 months looking for another BMW, having a 2007 530xi which is still in near pristine condition. Love the car, btw.

The first car we looked at was a, I think 2018 430i GC. It was really nice and very sporty. We decided against it because it's slightly smaller than desired.

So, we spent many months exhaustively looking at 2019 and earlier 5 series with sport packages. We searched throughout CONUS looking for a specific package.

We love the 5 series but we then came across a 2017 650i locally and took it for a test drive. There just was no turning back. The 6 series has the sporty feel/look of the 4 series but it also has the luxury and room of the 5 series. It's just a beautiful car and looks much better than both the 4 and 5 series, IMHO.

Why do you feel the 6 series doesn't have much "oomph"? Because the car has 445hp and offers quite a bit better performance than the 4 series. It's also more luxurious. So, it gets the nod in both of those categories over the 4 series. You'd have to get an M4 to get better performance. You could opt for an M6 which offers right at 600hp and still more luxury. Otherwise, our 650i has plenty of power, especially in sport mode.

You just have to be sure to get one that has been taken care of.

Take care,
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph III; 07-05-2023 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0