10-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #16
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Thanks, yes I do agree that the black tips do get a bit lost in there with the black diffuser. But a lot of things are gloss black so I felt that it was only right that the tips be gloss black as well.

I would consider a longer tip but idk which tip would be a better fit? I am wanting to keep my EVC so maybe that doesn't leave a lot of options for tips. If anyone can chime in would be great.

That backend looks great, cant beat going to a full exhaust. However for me, that is not an option right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
I think the problem here is two fold. One your tips are much too short for your diffuser and many have already mentioned. That leads to the feeling that something is missing that others have commented on. They just look too short for your diffuser. Understand you want to keep your EVC. However that may be impossible depending on the tip style you choose. Look around so more and see what fits. Maybe also try Carbon fiber tips to get more contrast from the black rear diffuser or maybe go to stainless steel again. I think black looks fine too but you need the correct tips to make it work.

Another thing I'd consider honestly is a new exhaust. Since you have the M6 rear diffuser on there you could put an M6 setup on there with a few adjustments and they may even work with your EVC too. Otherwise go for a full aftermarket exhaust. Keep your OEM mufflers for an easy swap back. But that may be your best bet here as well. Yes it will also cost you some more funds but then again we're talking about a $100k car too. But it looks like quite a few have pulled it off with the GC rear so I am sure you will be okay.

You're fine swapping to longer length tips, they will just need to be modified slightly.

The outermost tip, towards the side of the car, is where you can see the tip to outlet union. The innermost side is where the valve is.

I would cut the inside tip down in length and you can retain the EVC functionality, the diffuser would hide this from view.

The outside tip you could leave as is and it would hide the exhaust outlet.

Best of both worlds IMO. Check out these CYBA tips, http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771802

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=965389

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 10-07-2014 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0