View Single Post
      04-26-2023, 08:50 AM   #1
6seriesguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 635D

635D shuts off while driving

Hi! First time poster here.

I had this problem first come up 3 days after I bought a used E63 635d. The car would randomly shut off while driving at random intervals, and especially while accelerating. A few mechanics recommended me I change the fuel injectors as number 4, 5 and 6 came up faulty in OBD, but after reading that this problem could also be caused by the battery, I changed it, and the car ran fine for about 6 months, until some days ago. After having forgotten the cabin light on overnight, the problem came up again, this time more severe. I changed the battery again, with no result. Afterwards I changed fuel injector number 6 that came up faulty, and the car ran fine for 1-2 days, then the problem appeared again. This time with injectors 4 and 5 having fault codes. I understand that this is probably from the fuel injectors and have already purchased 2 used ones to be fitted, but I'm still puzzled how it ran fine for 6 months despite having fuel injector fault codes. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks!

Tldr: Car shuts off while driving. Replace battery, fine for 6 months. Forgot cabin light on, problem comes up again. Faulty injector codes throughout the whole period.
Appreciate 0