04-26-2023, 08:00 PM   #3
DJiGGs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW

[QUOTE=danielgmanm6;30074559]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJiGGs View Post
Let's say you are looking at a 2014 with 28k KM / 17k miles on it.
Had all the regular service done at BMW from 2014 to 2017.

First oil change was at 2000 KM, and then every 5000 or so it was done.
Last mileage recorded in 2017 was 16,000 KM with an oil change.

Since then BMW has no record of service.

I may be able to help. I purchased a 2013 with 16,500 miles last year so pretty much in the same boat as you. From my understanding, it's the oil filter that can degrade over time. That's why they recommend you change every year regardless of the mileage intervals. I haven't had any issues mechanically so far (knock on wood) . The car does have some annoying things like sporadic windows when closing, slight rattle in the lane departure thingy in the steering wheel. It also had some static in the radio that went away for now and a sunshade issue. I honestly only care about the engine and trans. As long as that stays good I'm fine with whatever annoying things come up. My thoughts have always been, go with the car with less miles. Don't get me wrong my car is mint with really low miles but there has been little bullshit quirks lol. I purchased a great warranty for 3yr/36miles warranty for 3k from a great company (Hendrick auot group), I recommend getting one just as a fail safe. I'm going to use the warranty to get everything fixed and should be good after that haha. I would get it, change the fluids and you should be fine. I'm happy with my purchase!
Thanks for the insight. Got a text from the sales rep. It’s currently conditionally sold. Not even 24 hours after I left the dealer haha.

I want to get it for ~5k less then advertised since new tires were needed. Battery need to get replaced and paint work on rear bumper most likely from the PO pulling out his golf clubs.

Unfortunately I doubt I’ll have an opportunity to pick it up. Very rare find especially to find locally. Only M6 for sale in the city right now.
Appreciate 1