View Single Post
      08-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

How to make your own M performance M6 grilles

OK so if you are like me and want factory M performance grilles (and no offense to IND whose painted products have had to suffice) here is a simple and affordable method to get factory quality at a great price.

(1) purchase the BMW M performance grilles for the 6 series (F12/F13) model. My dealer sold me the set (comes left and right) for $120.

(2) very carefully disassemble your factory grilles once you have them removed. there are many posts online about how to remove them, however be very careful if you have the front camera, my tech had to remove the front bumper to disassemble mine. Taking apart the factory grilles is quite easy, start at the middle, and move the release tab outwards while prying the front off the center. Work your way around to all the tabs and voila, your grille should now be in two pieces. Do the same with the other side and set the four parts aside.

(3) now do the same with the 6er F1x M performance grilles as well. All you want is the outer bezel.

(4) reassemble them using the M performance bezel and the original M6 centers and bingo you have blacked out grilles with a factory finish using only genuine BMW parts.

My issue with going through this was the painted parts began to chip and flake with driving in only two months. My BMW Performance black grilles on my E70 X5 have held up perfectly through 3 years of Michigan weather without a single flaw. Finally, if I only knew how cheap the factory version was I would have done this in the first place. ($120 is cheaper than $215 plus shipping).

Peace,
Noushy
Attached Images

2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0