View Single Post
      02-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
gmusquiz
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin_kh View Post
Hi,

For the past 9 months, I have been trying to put style 373 wheels on my car. BMW told me you can't put them on your car based on the VIN of my car and I told them F06 comes with those. I kept those on my car for 6 months and the transmission wasn't as smooth as it was with those 19" (style 351 non staggered). Especially, when I drove on hills it got a lot worse, the car shook.
The only thing I changed on 373 is instead of 245-275 I put 255-285. BMW shop foreman told me I should either put the original size (245-275) or put the same size wheels for all four.
I hate the 351s and I don't know what to do?
If the new wheels are staggered, it would be worse to put same size tires front and back. And the width of the tires won't matter as much as the aspect ratio (the second number on the tire size, e.g. 245/30/20) and the type of tire you chose. If it's a run flat and the aspect ratio is smaller then you will likely get a rougher ride where as a larger aspect ratio and non run flats should be softer. I'm assuming they were balanced correctly and rechecked when your problems arose?
Appreciate 0