View Single Post
      11-11-2016, 02:25 AM   #16
Coops395
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 840d Msport/ 2018 M2

Hi everyone, although I posted this earlier in the year I have the DMS remap on my 640d and have been running it for just over two years. The guys in Southampton managed to eek out 392bhp and after Bmw wiped this by updating the software during a routine service DMS reinstalled the map with their latest saying it will be minimum of 400bhp.

I have never had any issues with all my maps from DMS, in fact they said it's possible to get more... but they keep it within tolerance levels for reliability. I'm placing an order for a new 640d in December for march delivery and after the run in I will be straight back to DMS.

Performance wise there is a huge difference over standard, when BMW wiped the map I had a wait of 3-4 weeks and I hated it, I suppose when you are use to a certain level of power anything less is frustratingly slow. The pull in any gear feels brutal especially between 50-120 it's just doesn't stop.. I've had to put a speed warning sound at 100 to remind me to slow down, far too easy and addictive with all that acceleration under your toe.

I can't recommend DMS enough, they really know their stuff and their customer support is fantastic, Martin and Tony are the guys to speak to, they've been around for 10+ years and advertise in EVO magazine every month.

I figure when I come to change my new car in three years time I'll be ordering an M650d xdrive coupe and handing the keys to DMS to take her up to 470-500 bhp... if I still have my licence.
Appreciate 0