11-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #10
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopex47 View Post
I went to Ecotune in Glasgow, all that I can say is that I went there for the ECU remap and rolling road graph and left with neither, they damaged the ECU while taking it out and I waited in the waiting area for 8hrs while they were trying to fix it, this was when the boss came through and admitted that he would have to get a new ECU which he did not have, this would have to be ordered on the Monday and then someone would have to come to where I live in Cumbria to install it. I thought that was me stranded but they managed to wangle it so I could drive home the 3hrs at 60mph, I was not happy let me tell you, also I was given some bollocks about not being able to rolling road the car because of a pedestrian sensor issue that could not be disabled ie the equipment in front of the car and the wall etc cut the power from the engine, I was sceptical at the time but just wanted to come home.
When they eventually got it sorted I have to say that I was underwhelmed by the change and TBH after going through all that it was not worth the £499 had I had to pay if all had went well. Lesson learned I was gutted that Friday when I got home.
I am actually kinda gutted reading this.

Over on the F3x side of things Eco Tune have a very good reputation, however your post has made me seriously re-evaluate if I want to use them or not.

The dealer who sold me my car recommended me these guys:

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/

So being close to that neck of the woods today I decided to pay them a visit this morning.

I must say I was impressed. Good workshop, good display of stock, serious cars parked outside and they seem to know what they are talking about.
Spoke to a guy called Joss who was happy to sit down with me and explain my options.

For me, maintaining warranty is important. Now the F3x crew mainly say avoid boxes and go for live maps. However I beg to differ.
If ACS do a box (which keeps your warranty intact) they can't be as bad as people say they are.

If I do a live map, BMW will be able to tell that the ECU has been tampered with, it will leave traces and could cause me a whole heap of headache.

Not wanting to spend ACS money, I was given the option of this:

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/bmw-6-series...s-313-bhp.html

I am seriously mulling this one over as it can be quickly and easily removed should I need to send the car into the dealers for any reason. Also it leaves no trace.
Further to this it does not claim unrealistic gearbox shattering, engine light illuminating, DPF fudging figures.
Also the guys at MStyle offer a installation service where they will in addition scan the car for any fault codes before and after installation.

They assure me in 10+ years of doing this the boxes are bullet proof.
The worst they have ever had happen is a few years back they had a faulty batch of boxes which would throw up random error codes such as "headlights not working" even though the headlights were fully functional. They explained they sent back the faulty batch and got in a new batch and problem solved.

Have you guys seen or heard about this particular box? I know Remus are a reputable company but would appreciate if any of you could give me some feedback.

He also showed me this:

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/bmw-6-series...sion-cars.html

Explained what it does and was very honest with me about it as well.

It seems to be something that will just make me drive like a lunatic, but for the price of it and how easily it can be installed and removed I might just toy with it and sell it on ebay if I don't like it.

Main thing is feedback from you guys on the Remus box first.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0