View Single Post
      11-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #9
Mikester30
Rep
Drives: 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopex47 View Post
I went to Ecotune in Glasgow, all that I can say is that I went there for the ECU remap and rolling road graph and left with neither, they damaged the ECU while taking it out and I waited in the waiting area for 8hrs while they were trying to fix it, this was when the boss came through and admitted that he would have to get a new ECU which he did not have, this would have to be ordered on the Monday and then someone would have to come to where I live in Cumbria to install it. I thought that was me stranded but they managed to wangle it so I could drive home the 3hrs at 60mph, I was not happy let me tell you, also I was given some bollocks about not being able to rolling road the car because of a pedestrian sensor issue that could not be disabled ie the equipment in front of the car and the wall etc cut the power from the engine, I was sceptical at the time but just wanted to come home.
When they eventually got it sorted I have to say that I was underwhelmed by the change and TBH after going through all that it was not worth the £499 had I had to pay if all had went well. Lesson learned I was gutted that Friday when I got home.
Great idea for a thread.

I always plan to get a remap with my cars, then do research and see things like this and I chicken out

Unfortunately with the EDC17 ECU it has to be cracked open because it has anti tamper encryption, this process can easily go wrong even if you've done 100 of them.

Im surprised you were underwhelmed once it was sorted though, its quite a jump in terms of power and torque
Appreciate 0