View Single Post
      05-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
itinj6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2238
Anyone ever had to deal with this? My car was in the shop for 28 days and now I finally have it back. There was so much paperwork, they had to summarize it down and mail it to me. Every service person at the dealership warned me that the car still had problems, but they had done everything they could do. Essentially the summary was, you can drive it, but it is not fixed. One service manager even gave me their cell phone in case the car breaks down in the middle of the night. So, finally the paperwork came and it states I was informed of the problem, acknowledged the issue, and told them to give me my car back. It also failed to note the 120 miles they drove in it. My car has been submitted to get replaced, but until someone approves, there are no guarantees. The dealership will not fix the faulty notes, and I am concerned BMWUSA will see these notes and refuse to take it back. Any suggestions???
What was the problem with the car?

I had a Steering problem in mine. It was in the shop three times for the same issue and for 20 consecutive days. They tried a few different things ans even replaced the steering rack. BMW took the car back on a trade assist. They even offered. I didn't have to ask for it. They gave me mine to drive while awaiting my custom order. It seemed to be fine since they replaced the rack.
Appreciate 0