United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chask
Would you please post the offset you ended up with? I've been thinking about bigger rims and wanted to know what fits such a big tire under the fender.

Other than the improvement in traction you mentioned before, have you noticed any other beneficial or detrimental handling characteristics now that you have had some time with those tires on your car? I remember one poster asking about increased understeer with the larger width difference front to rear.

I've got to add my praise for your car. I am not a big fan of orange; at least not usually. But what you did with yours definitely has me looking at the orange ones with a much closer eye. In the last couple of weeks I have seen a M4 and a M5 at the dealership that looked so good I seriously thought about buying one. That car of yours is just stunning. And what you have done to it made it just breathtaking.
Thanks so much for the praise. I'll try to get the offset numbers for you since I don't have them. My favorite part of having such wide barrels is how massive the tires look from behind. I've driven behind my car on a couple of occasions and the 325 tires make the rear of the car look really intimidating. The traction improvements I must admit were minimal. When I got the wheels I had removed the tune so in itself the car just felt like it wasn't loosing that much traction from the massive torque anymore, getting the tune back in the car and all the problems came back even with the extra rubber. Can't grip to save my life off the line. But other than that I can't see any way it affected the driving dynamics of the vehicle other than being that they are 21s and have lower profile tires on them, road imperfections are more noticeable.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0