View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 F12 soon...

Lightbulb Thoughts After Test Drive of C2 Coupe, C2S Cabriolet, BMW M6 Coupe Carbon Roof

I would like to first say that there really isn't much of a comparison between BMW and Porsche. The Vehicles;

2013 Porsche C2 Coupe, 20's, white 14 way...

2013 Porsche C2S CAbriolet, 20's, Ventilated sport seats (a must w/ Cab), Sport Exhaust( Wow!) PASM, Sport Chrono...

2012 BMW M6 Sakhir Orange, 20's Carbon Roof.

The first one my wife and I drove, was the C2 Coupe. Coming from burbling V-8's, she says it sounded like a volkswagen..."What's that noise?" It is the engine huney...It takes a bit to warm up...

It drove fine, took it down a long country road, with 20mph turns which we customarily take at Twice the posted speed...No problem very smooth. Met up with some bumpy road conditions, and it seemed that the back of the coupe had about 1-2" of soft movement then a more firmer response, like progressive springs. Pushed SPORT and it did firm things up, but still in a nice way. Dropped off car at the dealer, and was like, "Oh I Don't have to have this car..." It was unremarkable... Nice and very good but not great.

Then the C2s Cabrio'.. I guess i should save the best for last... Onto the BMW

I calll it the BMW, and not the M6 because it reminds me of driving a big luxury car. I mean it is basically an M5 with no room in the back seat for real people. It did feel big but I would still consider it for long trips. It is Big, and Heavy, but it did have power and luxury. There is a perceptible lag, and coming from the Porsche, it is even more noticeable. It is comfy, and sporty, but not in a way that sends chills down my spine, the way my E39 M5 used to. The Steering is great and gave more feedback than the 650i Vert I drove. I actually heard a lot of road noise and it just didn't feel that special or gave me chills. Maybe I'm too old for chills..? lol No, I'm not because the next vehicle woke them chills up, and said, "Heeeeelooo there!"

I thought I died and gone to heaven, and had to pinch my self; Not physically because That's wierd, and there were people watching, but mentally.

So, we take it, being the C2s Cab, and drive it down the same road, which to us was replaced by aliens while we weren't looking. The 911 is invigorated, with spunk and attitude, and the gear changes, although each Porsche had the PDK, Were spectacular and each, "Snick" "Snick" of the gears changing brought a smile to my face, as if I were the Grinch on Christmas, in that part where he found he had a heart. The Gear changes on the S seemed faster, smoother , and made a little sound that i can only explain as the Disney Fairy touching her wand on my forehead! It was sublime...

The Cab also felt smoother and didn't drop so far in the rear as we went over the same bumps. It felt more planted, and more stable.

It Was/Is the Car in the Porsche Commercials, the one that makes one's salivation glands work like the Alien in Alien Vs Predator.

So, in closing and from a layman's perspective, I feel that at this point there is really something special going on with the Porsche and although I haven't ruled out the M6 or the 650i that my wife likes, I'm still eagerly tossing the 911 S Cab around.