View Single Post
      04-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #29
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
It is a big difference. I hit 590Whp and 545 wlb/ft SAE corrected. Uncorrected the HP at the wheels was 604, dont remember what the torque was..This was with only BMS set at 2.25 and charcoal filter delete, no mods other than that. I believe uncorrected is 3% higher or thereabouts
Look at the dyno coefficients he just posted.. It is only correcting 1% for the STD correction. Look at the ambient conditions 57 deg, 29.41 barometer and 31% humidity. The SAE correction deviation in this instance should be minimal. STD correction layers elevation on top of the SAE correction and is an input by the dyno operator. Normally it could lead to a couple of % difference, but in this instance the ambient temps are very mild and I doubt that SAE numbers will be more than 5whp.It isn't a constant difference that you are alluding to. If you dyno on a particularly cold day, (colder than the "ideal" target of SAE correction) the uncorrected dyno numbers will be higher than SAE and vice versa on a warm day. But the biggest factor will be what the dyno operator input for the elevation. Some use that to pump up the #'s to keep customers happy, but that is only for the STD #'s and has no bearing on the SAE #'s. I believe the OP is in a low elevation area (under 1k'), so unless the dyno operator tried to fudge the elevation, the numbers wont be all that different.

Last edited by Tom C; 04-25-2014 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0