Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I'm really glad this topic came up, because I would like some genuine feedback from you guys.

So I am really torn between the X6M or an X6 50i.

I really want the power and prestige that comes with the X6M, but honestly, that power would go to waste since most of my driving environment would not allow such a beast to be free. Also, the exterior color options are not calling out to me, Although I would settle for the Donnington Gray if I go for the M. I was looking forward to having the full digital cluster in my next bimmer, which is not available on the M either. Highly disappointed about that.

The 50i on the other hand would have the digital cluster that I wanted, and I really like the Graphite Gray as an exterior color. I would definitely go with the Msport package on the 50i. The only thing the 50i is lacking in my opinion is the power, prestige , the seats of course and the transmission selector found in the X6M .
What are your thoughts? My lease will be up this winter, so I would like some help and knowledge and experience from you all.
If you know that you're not going to want, need, or use the power of the M then the answer is right there in between the lines. If you were a performance junky and you wanted the power above all then the M would be the way to go. Either way it will be a great choice as the X6 is a really nice car! If you ever want more power you could get it tuned through BMS, and one of those power pedals from VR, should be right under the X6M at that point and you wouldn't notice much of a difference
You are right about the whole "need of power " statement.

Do I need the power of the M...? No.

Do I want the power...? HELL YEAH!!!

If I could get the M in graphite gray and the digital cluster, I would already have made my choice.

My problem is, I could get the 50i, and have the exact color I want, and the digital cluster I like, wrapped up in a package with more than enough power for my commute. I know the X6 50i has the same engine as my current car, and my GC is already over powered for my driving around NY.

The X6M is... well the M! Very aggressive looking, awesome performance when I call for it (maybe 3-5 times a year) but I would be "settling " for an exterior color, and "sacrificing " the digital cluster which I like, even though I know a lot of people find it gimmicky. All for 20k more that a car that has all the specs I want, except for the power.

I still have a few months before a decision has to be made, and I'm still leaning towards the M, but the practical side of me knows that the 50i is more than enough to suit, but not necessarily satisfy my needs.