Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
Damn...I didn't realize you had the M mufflers on your car. This definitely sounds like an option. I have heard about exhaustmeister too so will look into that. Are you able to control all valves with your exhaustmeister or are you manually doing that?

Also, do you think you could have gone 4" tips or would that put them too close to each other? I was looking at pics of your ride and it would seem that 4" may be too big.
M5 or m6 are your best best, but you wont be able to use 4" tips - the outlets are too close together. If you cut off the exhaust outlets just behind the valve you should be able to have your installer weld on a set of 3-3.5" tips of your choosing and create the staggered look. Not sure how the smaller size tips will look inside the diffuser you have.

All aftermarket exhaust will have some drone, except maybe the meistershaft valved systems. You could buy that and use whatever tips you want. I'm not sure if they offer blue tips, but the meistershaft is pricey, like 5K for a new valved system

There is no perfect option for what you are trying to do, anything and everything will be a compromise of sorts. Your top 2 priorities - 4" blue tips and no drone - may not be feasible. Unless you are willing to spring for the meistershaft
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0