05-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
Really appreciate the replies from both you guys!

In regard to the question on whether I need to have blue tips, I really don't "need" anything haha . I am just really happy to have this car and I am so pleasantly surprised with how these mods are coming along.

Regardless, I had a vision in my mind and now that I have seen that vision come reality, I really like how it turned out. I wish I could have found some 4" tips but alas, 4" with staggered fitment is not available. In a nutshell...yes, I still really want the burnt blue tips. I could be convinced to go chrome but not black or CF since I think they would just get lost.

As far as the recommendations from ndinh, I have been heavily considering the M5/M6 route. Would both work for my car? Those utilize slip on tips right? Or...I am guessing I could have the shop weld on some burnt blue tips...even creating a staggered look? Would those mufflers use the valves to improve drone? Sorry for the million questions...just so much to learn. Can't believe exhaust could be this difficult!
M5/M6 mufflers are identical except for the hangers which any shop can move. Yes, the OE tips are pressed on so they can easily be changed out. OE tips are on the small side ~3" so I went with 3.5's. You can use your existing vacuum lines to control the valves, however, you'll need to get the exhaustmeister to control it remotely. I had my valves open this weekend and had to close the drivers side yesterday because the constant vibration was annoying me so now only one side is open. I'm using a wire to hold it open. Keep in mind, OE M5/M6 mufflers are not that loud to begin with but definitely better than stock.
Appreciate 0