View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
sybaseian
Rep
Drives: Mineral White 640d vert

New 640d convertible arrive and sent back!

My new Mineral White 640d arrived this morning (day late) after the car transporter had a technical issue yesterday. The car looked great initially until I saw the roof on the drivers side (on the right for those across the pond) and found out exactly what the issue with the transporter was yesterday. The transporter has leaked hydraulic oil over the roof!

Not a very happy chap at the moment - car has been sent back to the dealer for a new roof fitting. I've demanded that they supply me with a like for like loan car until I'm happy with the new roof.

The supplying dealership have agreed to supply a loan car from Thursday - guess the contracted transporter company will be getting a very large bill for the car hire and replacement roof. I'm going to be putting as many miles on the loan car as possible......

The really annoying thing is that the transporter company clearly knew there was an issue yesterday afternoon when I called them asking why they were late delivering my new car. It would have been much better if they had confessed at that time and I could have started getting the replacement roof organised earlier.

Appreciate 0