View Single Post
      03-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #21
Theride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskamatt View Post
I compared them because in my opinion, the selling points of a 6 series are on par with that of a convertible M3. The only reason I used the M3 as an example is the fact that and M3 and the new 6 have similar horsepower.

Either way you did not answer my question at all. In fact, I did not focus on what I would want to buy either. I was focusing on the similarities in the selling points of a convertible, 400 horsepower, luxurious BMW. Except one is 25-30k more. In regards to the size, I find it difficult to believe that many 6 series owners would justify the 25-30k for the occasional rear seat passenger(s).

I guess what I am trying to say is I would like to hear from someone who is considering purchasing the new 6 and why the 6 series would suit their desires/needs over a vert 335i/is/m3 and 25-30k in cash. I am very open to the answer but if someone had more of a response than "because I want to" I would find it helpful to what I am inquiring about. Thank you.
Ill give you one selling point. I like the looks of the 6 series over the M3.

Hell someone could even say they like the fact that they like the headlights better than the M3.

Point im making is, dont worry about the selling points of any car. buy what YOU like and allow another to do th same.

Dont worry about why BMW is making a million different models, as long as they are making a model that YOU like.

Believe it or not, some people like the soft top over the hard top verts.
Appreciate 0