View Single Post
      10-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #14
L2Fly
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
Awesome input guys. So the 2015 has the touch controller - but not the mirror indicators? Not that it's such a big deal as I rarely use the touch input and well, the mirror indicators can't be seen by me, the driver!

I'm curious what the LCI will bring, though. I may ping my CA and just fish around for what they'd do for me if I decided to trade up with so little time/mileage on my 550xi. I really do need to test drive the 6GC, though, since I can say without a doubt the comfort of the 5, while not a buying factor, has really grown on me. I've driven 3's with sport suspensions, though, for many years - so I highly doubt the 6GC can offer anything unacceptable in terms of ride quality/comfort, but I'd have to think about whether it's worth giving it up.

The 5 in 2014 didn't offer a leather dash option (I would have gotten it), but I do believe it's part of the executive package now for the 2015's. I left off the B&O, as well, and I think I'd probably take the opportunity to "correct" that with a 6GC. After pricing it out, though, it's awfully expensive in comparison to the 550xi - a good $20k - 30k or so more than I paid for the 550xi (something like $86k, I think). For that, though, I'd get a few upgrades, but most is pretty equivalent, I think.

I appreciate all of the great feedback here, too - thanks!
If only you'd have come here earlier! Can't go wrong with a 6 from a 5... They're stunning inside and out. Hope it all works out for you and your wallet, brother. That's a drool-worthy R8 you got there, too.
Appreciate 0