View Single Post
      10-01-2015, 10:56 PM   #31
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmantoo View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way and you are completely right in this situation but is $3k really worth fighting for? You have a $100K car and $3k is not really that much. I understand principles and being right BUT all the time and money can do more harm, physically and mentally, to you and your family. I am only thinking about the lawyer fees, cost of time, (wasted) and stress to you and your family.

You can use the cost associated with legal fees, for both parties, to have the dealer reduce the labor and parts costs (charge you wholesale prices for parts). You can easily prove that the negative attention created by your case, in social media, WILL effect the dealer’s reputation.

All I am saying is to find the middle ground before it gets out of hand. Since you have already started the legal process, you may want to consider the total legal cost, versus total cost of repairs. I would not want to spend $5k+ on proving I’m right, when I could have spent $3k (more likely $1 to $2k after negotiations) on fixing the car.

Just my thoughts.

I would like to chime in and agree ... After going through a nasty business divorce myself just over a year ago now ... Taking the high road may be less costly in lawyer fees and stress ... After all life goes on! Now to decide what will it cost to move forward ... What are you willing to leave on the table or spend and really only gain less than your investment with lawyer fees! You need to decide how rich you want to make your lawyer and How Much less you can afford on your lifestyle as a consequence!

Cooler heads need to prevail ... At the cost of discussion and negotiation!

Although I really feel for your situation, I do think you need to step back, take a deep breath and look at the big picture and consequences in $$$

Just my 2 cents based on my experience Bro!

No malice or ill will ... Just some brotherly advice for what it's worth!!!

Best wishes with what ever you decide as you go forward!!

Last edited by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab; 10-02-2015 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0