View Single Post
      07-26-2023, 03:30 AM   #2
Bimmer56
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6, E39 540, E34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOlD View Post
I just replaced the plugs and coils with Bosch plugs and Dinan coils, and also replaced the charge pipes and intakes with the Burger Motorsports package.

I'm seeing a slight rpm fluctuation at idle, and have already cleaned the MAF sensors. One post mentioned resetting the engine adaptations with INSTA. I also found that resetting these could produce a lot of short term strange behavior, so I didn't do it without getting some feedback first.

There was one option in INSTA for the engine electronics and another for the flywheel. Is this worth doing or should I just let the car adapt naturally?

Thanks!
I would check the coil to make sure they are pushed in solid. Using socket extension is helpful. Also double check the connectors.and inspect/clean maf. Engine adaptation via Ista is not necessary for those replacement.
If above are checked okay, you can temporarily restrict the cone with a towel in the garage and monitor the Idle for change.

I also replaced with Dinan coil, plugs and charge pipe. Getting better charge pipe clamps with proper fitment for silicon hose was a challenge. T-bolts are too wide, norma is too weak, worm gear will cut through the silicone.
Good luck and enjoy your ride.
Appreciate 0