SouthernBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Hate the digital gauges - mostly the temp and gas. Notice how the needle on those is like 1/2 length? Drives me crazy. No reason they couldn't make this right. Either way, much preferred the old one. Note, it does not save weight from what I'm told - it allows BMW to use the same cluster in all cars.

B&O sounds better than any stock stereo I've ever heard. Changing out a stereo in a BMW is an expensive effort coupled with a voided warranty. The $3,700 is low cost compared to that and much lower than the Audi B&O at $5,900 that sounds terrible. I'm really glad my car came with it as I too was going to skip this option and hope the 2015 with HK sounded better than stock. So to me, very much worth the extra money (once again, not saying it is perfect or near perfect sounding - just the best stock stereo I've ever heard).

Ride comfort - I have not noticed a jerky shift at all in sport mode (have not done sport +). I will say that in comfort mode, I've got severe lag that just does not exist in sport mode.

Steering feel - can't compare as mine is hydraulic - however I find mine to be perfect as well.

Adaptive Full LED - incredible. Worth every penny. Even more so for how they look on the car. Totally recommended.

Fineline Oak wood trim - the 2nd best thing next to piano black. Not sure where/who thinks it makes it look like a Chris Bangle car - but it is a nice compliment to a very nice interior. The other choice looks much worse and I agree Aluminum is out of place in this car.

Navigation - so fast compared to other cars. Agreed - perfect - except for zooming in/out as that is STILL reversed

PS - I think you meant to say the 650i has fatter tires. But the ultimate reason the 650i does not ride as nice or take potholes as good is that it has low profile 20" vs the 18/19 on the 335i. So much less sidewall to absorb those potholes. Rumor has it a switch to a Non RFT does wonders.

edit - the 650i has wider tires and a shorter sidewall. You probably meant fat=tall sidewall. But I don't think tall people like to be called fat
Gauges - I hear what you're saying about the temperature gauge on the right. It's kind of non-informative, BUT it could be easily fixed in a future software update. You never know!

B&O Sound - Actually, I had a car with a 14 speaker stock Pioneer system from almost 15 years ago that sounded better than the B&Os! Time doesn't mean it's going to sound better. No matter which car I've had since then, I always think about how great that Pioneer system was. I don't think I'll be upgrading the sound system. I'll just suffer with the B&Os I guess lololol. I did notice that Audi does charge a lot more for their B&O. What's up with that? Audi is sort of lost in some ways.

Ride Comfort - I don't notice severe lag in comfort or comfort+ modes.

LED Headlamps - I must admit they look cooler than they are for seeing further distances IMO. Can't tell I can see any further. Probably equal.

Wood Trim - Chris Bangle = 1990's design. I get jokes on this. People say it's not looking toward the future (whatever that means). Somehow people like that aluminum trim. I saw several of those 650i's on the lot and they are repulsive.

Navigation - I like it's speed sort of. My friends think it's not as good as the new S-Class and the interface is really backwards. I like it. I have no idea what BS they are talking about. HAHA!

PS - No. I meant to say that the 335i has taller sidewalls than the 650i does. I say fatter because that's what people say and understand down here. When I mean "fat" I don't mean "wide." The 335i tires don't look like they are as low profile as the 650i. In fact, the 335i looks like it has very normal tires you'd see on regular, non-sports cars. Although the 335i does have those fabulous Continental ContiSportContact 5 SSRs which are amazing, so they aren't normal tires by any means.

Appreciate 0