View Single Post
      06-12-2018, 05:33 AM   #46
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCThreePedals View Post
I'm 26 and I'm on my 10th car ( 6 MT M4 ) and what I found was to back track as to why I would get a car then why would I get rid of it and I found out it's because if I got the one step below of what I really wanted as a "way to save money" then dump thousands at it to make it what it wasn't. Like getting a Ecoboost mustang and trying to make it as fast as a 5.0, etc. Even if it became faster it still wasn't the flagship model

So with this car I made sure I had zero regrets or compromises because I plan to own it for a while. It gets tiring starting over and starting over and never having something that satisfies, plus it's financially stupid regardless if you have the money or not

I've had my M4 for 7 months now (not long at all) but it still feels fresh and new and exciting and turns heads everywhere I go since it ticks all the marks for me (RWD, 450+HP, over 20 MPG city, manual, timeless design)

Maybe you really need to think what will tick all the boxes and really dial in what car is really for you
unfortunately that car does not seem to exist in the modern market which is trending towards turbos and non-manuals...

a CPO (I want dependability, reliability and predictability in costs) light compact car with manual, non-turbo engine with good low end torque, and some style would do it for me...

if the M2 had a smooth torquey non-turbo inline six like the old s52 engine (I don't find the s54 that smooth or torquey) that car would probably do it...
Appreciate 0