View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I saw a 2012 Imola Red M Sport coupe at my dealer that has been there for about 6 months. It has B&O and M Sport, but no Nappa Dash or LEDs, so I personally wouldn't have gone near it even if I were considering a red 6er. It had a sticker price of about $102k, and they were trying to unload it for $91k.

While this is a very good savings, it is about on par with the deal I got when I ordered my 6er in the middle of last November pretty soon after the coupes started hitting showrooms. I think a lot of it depends on the market, but, in this case, it seems like in this case they are just eliminating the negotiation process and making about the same profit that they did when they sold me my car.

I think the fact that "$10,000 Off MSRP" sounds like a good deal that will help move these '12ers that have been sitting around, a 6er has such a high profit margin at MSRP that $10,000, while sizeable, isn't as spectacular as it sounds once you run the numbers.

I don't mean to sound like a party pooper, but a lot of these deals seem to be geared toward the walk-in customer looking at going MSRP down rather than invoice up. It obviously works though since this red coupe was finally being moved off the lot.
Appreciate 0