01-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #11
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

My likes and dislikes of this car.

I Like

1. The rear end design and the taillights.
2. The twin turbo engine with more power
3. The 8 speed tranny
4. Specially turned exhaust that is complimentary to a 6er coupe.
5. The interior design.
6. The led foglights that can be turned on or off.

I dislike

1. The overall front end design. Those huge headlights seem ugly and look like they belongs on Honda Odyssey minivan and not a sexy sleek 6er.

2. OMG....this car keeps getting heavier. How much more heavy can it get.

3. Electric steering....why.....what was wrong with the regular BMW steering wheels that are well known for their feel. Why are we messing up some thing that is already going good.

Overall, I am disappointed

This was the chance for BMW to fix everything that was wrong with the last 6er. Such as over weight, sub par interior packaging efficiency, so so driving dynamics among its group, and looks that were not the sexiest. I think in most areas it was a big miss instead of a hit. This sets up the mighty M6 for failure once again vs the likes of Porsche 911, or GT-R.

I guess I will be sticking to a 3er coupe for a while. If I wanted a 4500 Ib. plus car why would I give up two door. I would just get a 7 series. At least it will have plenty of room for a big porky car and it would make sense. Wow....6er seems like the lowered version of X6 with ugly lights in front. At least with X6 you get ride height for rain soaked flooded streets. To me this makes the last 6er look like a gem.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 01-24-2011 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0