View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Thanks for the reply. I saw the review. I've also heard some sound clips but I expect audio played on a computer is not going to do much of anything justice. Even so, I do notice that the AP's are a bit raspier than what I might anticipate. Probably not going to get a deep rumble out of a high revving 4.4L engine in any case...

Thanks also for the info on the pipes opening up. Was this just after your first service (1200 Miles)? If so, maybe it is related to some of the "features" the dealer will enable at that point (like Launch Control)...
My dealer would most likely inform me of any feature enabling as they know how much I do not enjoy surprises and nondisclosures. That being said they are great.

This all did occur after the 1200 breakin, closer to 2000. My low speed shift back pressure barks are getting louder (I like for some reason). This vehicle will unlikely give you the classic V8 burble/rumble. In fact, I read some of the info from the engineer in charge of the motor. He states he deliberately designed it out of the engine. Something about the V8burble/rumble actually representing an inefficiency or "miss" in the mechanics. The current sound allegedly represents the cleaning up for lack of better expression of the typical V8.

In any event this engine/turbo setup will have the unique sound no matter what exhaust system you hook up to it. You can make it louder or slightly modify it but I doubt it will ever sound like an american muscle V8. Actually, I think it is a relief. The new unique sound could become a new trend. I have owned 4 camaros and a firebird of various types. Enough already!

At least wait til after the breakin before you pull the trigger on an $8K alternative. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0