View Single Post
      04-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #67
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

I decided to pick up my car today even though it was not fixed because I will be out of town starting tomorrow for a week. To my surprise, when I arrived this morning, roughly 10.30 am, my car was low on gas and 31 miles (miles in, 2415 miles, miles out 2446 miles.) was driven while it was supposed to be at the dealer waiting for instruction from BMW NA. When I start up the car, engine was already warm which usually take me about 3-4 miles from cold start to warm up the car, so it was definitely driven from a distance this morning before I arrive. The funny part was the work order paper shows 2417 miles out and not 2446 as registered on odometer. I walked back to SA and asked him to print out the work order with the right miles out 2446.

When I asked for reason on the extra mileage, SA was defensive about it and said that he will compensate me for gas. I told him that I don't care about gas money. He said that may be tech needed to drive it around to replicate the problem which is bull base on my experience. At Mercedes dealer, they would ask for my permission if they need put more than 10 miles on the car to replicate the problem. They would explicitly ask me if it is OK because they were not able to replicate it with short trip around the block. Anyway, I told my SA to send me an email to explain.

While driving it out the lot, I turn on the radio and of course, radio was tuned to SiriusXM 099 Raw Dog Comedy channel which I never listen to. I always have my radio set to 89.3 KPCC when I don't listen to my House music. The way I see it, somebody was having a good laugh while driving my car back home.

During the past 7 years, my last 5 BMW and Mini were purchased from this dealership. I never experience anything this absurd before. It is time to switch.
Attached Images

Last edited by neversummer78; 04-05-2013 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0