08-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #31
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Well, I did a lot of research on ADV.1 prior to ordering from them. Turns out the company started with a somewhat turbulent beginning. Before starting ADV.1, their president, Jordan Swerdloff, had started 360 Forged. It looks like 360 Forged took off quickly, perhaps too quickly, and from what I can gather made quite a few mistakes along the way and ultimately ended up failing. Some people read too much into this, I try not to. Everyone who knows anything about business knows that there is no success without some failure. Anyways, seems like Mr. Swerdloff picked things back up, started ADV.1 on his experience with 360 Forged and they have now been going strong for about 4-5 years, if I'm not mistaken. They have been doing so well that it seems everyday more and more exotics are being fitted with their product, and they have been landing some pretty sick exclusive design deal (see their design for the Novitec Torado Aventador). To me they're still a growing company and still going throw some growing pains, not as established or with as much pedigree or reputation as a manufacturer like HRE, but what they lack in pedigree they more than make up for with their amazing designs. If I may be so bold as to make this comparison, I personally consider HRE to be like the early day Ferrari of the wheel industry, they have the established reputation and pedigree, and ADV.1 to be more like early day Lamborghini, they're trying to do what HRE is doing but with more flare and flamboyance, and I think it's that flare and flamboyance that is much more exciting to me. And also, I like to do my own thing and I've seen that many members on this forum have fitted their cars with HREs but not so many with ADV1 and none (to my knowledge) with the particular style I chose. Plus ADV.1 has roots in Miami, so there's an opportunity for a Heatlifer to support his hometown too.
I agree
Appreciate 0