View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
spdrcrgtr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Heritage

Just got home and its dark. I will have them up in the AM tomorrow.

Overall gotta say that the amount of lowering is good. The rear has no gap between the tire and the bottom of the fender. The front has about a 1 finger gap. Considering that the car hasn't settled yet, I think it will come out nice.

As for the ride quality ... seems a bit more spongy in my opinion. When I was running the 22s on the stock suspension, it was a nice, yet firm, ride. Now, the ride is still very comfortable, but at times a bit bouncy.

When I set the car to sport mode, its firms up and less bouncy. Dont get me wrong, the car rides awesome and the springs are great, but I wish the rebound of the shock was a bit better. I guess thats what you get when you lower a car on stock shocks.

To educate some people, when you lower a car on stock shocks, there can be (at times) a big difference in the shock travel. yes I know that its lower, etc etc ... but depending on how a shock is valved can have a dramatic difference in the characteristics of the handling/ride/etc.

Dont know if Im going to get coil-overs, but I can pretty much guarantee that if I went to coil-overs, you eliminate the "bouncy" feel that I got.

if anyone is considering the H&Rs .. I give it 4 of 5 stars. If you plan on tracking the car, then dont get the H&Rs, but for "enthusiastic" street driving, they are great.

Pics will follow tomorrow morning (PST).
Appreciate 0