Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
With the Chase Rewards Program you get 20% off your travel.

Still, only getting double points on travel and dining is what turned me off of it.

With Capital One, I get double points on everything, and can use whatever rewards program I want to book travel, then just use the purchase eraser to cover it with points. And the points have the same value as every other card out there.
Common misconception. When you purchase with points directly from your card through a rewards program or purchase eraser, you are doing so at 1:1. I'll give you an example - I recently flew to Florida for a wedding and the tickets were $440 total. If I booked through the credit card rewards program or purchase eraser I would have used 44,000 points. Those same tickets using JetBlue points would be 30,000 points (a 30%+ savings). SO, the best use of points is ALWAYS to transfer them to the points program of the vendor you wish to use.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1