Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Garage List
2014 640i GC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33WDM View Post
This is an incredibly frustrating issue.

I have a 2015 650i GC with M-Sport package and 20" Dunlop RFT's.

I have the same complaint - At 70-80mph, the car "shakes" (probably too strong a word). Issue is not in the steering wheel - it's "a chassis vibration" - common sense tells me it's an out of balance wheel/tire(s).

I took back to dealer at 1900 miles - service manager drove it and immediately agreed there was an issue.

They force balanced all 4 tires/wheels and actually replaced 3 tires and 1 wheel!

Got the car back, issue remains!

I recently took car to Discount Tire - had them force balance all 4 - they said tires/wheels were as close to perfect as they could get?!?

I've played around with tire pressures, I've tried to see if the issue was possibly a transmission issue - but same phenomenon exists whether I am in Comfort mode or Sport mode, accelerating or coasting, going straight or turning. The issue shows up on every kind of highway in my area as well.

Frustrated!!

Any other ideas what could be causing this, or is this something we just "live with"?
It is something that I'm learning to live with. I've done all things you have done plus taking the car to two different wheel shops to check for bent wheels. Nothing. I upgraded to 20's I didn't have the issue with the 19's. Strange. No answers. Otherwise an excellent car.
Appreciate 0