Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
If you're going to do that, you might as well get the performance tire set and purchase a separate winter wheel and tire set (assuming that's why you're opting for the all seasons in the first place).
That's for sure. Why not just get the performance tires that come with the car, sell them or throw them in the dump, and put on all seasons if that's what one really wants. I assume they only limit the speed for liability purposes in case someone tries to go 200 MPH on all seasons. Those who would try that should get the Darwin Award by removing themselves from the gene pool anyway.
I agree, and I personally would just get the performance and install my own all-season or dedicated winters.
I just thought that by them specifically noting this limit was "non-removable" seems to slight the customer.
The way it is worded, you would essentially permanently limit the vehicles capabilities due to the type of tire optioned.
Now obviously anything can be coded in or out, but I would be curious if say a customer who selected the all-season equipment, later on installed the same oem equip tires Alpina uses, making it completely capable of handling the 200 limit. Then went and had the 130 limit removed, would they be voiding warranty or be left high and dry if there was an issue and it was above the original Alpina limit?
Appreciate 0