View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #51
Krazy3281
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Montego/Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
I am sorry but the z8 is about a 1/3rd the size and is a small roadster. More like comparable to the slk AMG if you want to compare. This is the closest comparison they have. The 6 series is their coupe. Who cares if it has 2 backseats, that does not account for 400 pounds!! Seats maybe 40 pounds if that.

Like someone said the merc has a hard top for gods sakes to boot. Just not acceptable. I thought I would always be a bmw guy-Loved the pure performance they used to offer but I have to say sometimes it takes them getting bitch slapped back to reality for them to regain some of their original passion and get back on track
I hope this post was a joke? Because just the first two statements that you made here make it clearly obvious that you know nothing about the BMW brand.

In what world has a Z8 ever been a competitor for a SLK AMG? Do you even know what a SLK is? A SLK is a competitor for a Z4 and if there were a M variant to the Z4 then that would be a competitor for the slk AMG.

And also as far vehicle design and weight go, sure, if you want to believe that
40 pounds is the weight of a seat then fine, but have common sense in the fact that the M6 would not be the same size vehicle if it were a roadster. I'm sure BMW has enough engineering expertise to know that they can't just remove two seats and call it a roadster....they would have to make the car smaller which would likely compensate for the weight difference.

Seriously a Z8 is a slk competitor?

Appreciate 0