View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #62
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post
Yes, the 5, 6 and 7 series share the same platform. But the 6 series is closer in luxury and fatures to the the 5 series than the 7 Series. So why would you expect it to be priced closer to the 7 series than the 5 series?

Go ahead, keep drinking the cool aid that BMW is serving you. If you think it makes sense to over charge for the 6SC, the more power to you. But looks like the majority of the people here don't seems to agree with you.
I don't think 6 series is closer in luxury and features to 5 series than the 7 series. What features and luxury amenities are you basing that statement on?
Do yourself a favor and play with build your own and you'll see 6 series options/packages are almost exactly the same as 7 series packages. To be fair, 5 series packages are pretty similar too.
Obviously you have not seen/watched professional/amateur reviews saying 6 series (especially GC with Individual) is so luxurious that it makes 7 series look outdated and even cheap(?). Just watch professional reviews of 6er GC on Youtube

I can't even afford this car. BMW is serving those BMW fans that want a really sexy executive exclusive coupe @ $100k-$150k which is really great for those people.
Majority of people? I don't think so. People that know the price tag is reasonable aren't going to be posting either.

Do you think Porsche Cayenne is overpriced because it shares platform with Volkswagen Touareg? or how about that upcoming Bentley SUV that's probably going to be priced somewhere in the $300k? which also shares platform with VW Touareg?
I mean, I guess we have differences in opinions. That's cool. I think we both agree that BMW is awesome
Appreciate 0