View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #27
ChrisM6GC
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
I don't know if this help, since still I have no idea about what you said "drive like a Kangaroo"
I got my car last September. After brake-in period I felt unusual behavior of car. everyday in the morning (let's say cold engine) when I tried to back up, I used to feel shuddering from the rear right. After couple minutes it was running fine with no issue. I showed my car to dealer several times and every time heard "it's normal"... since I knew the huge power and torque can have this behavior (and because this is my first M car)I accepted, but because I used to drive manual cars for over 20 years, it seemed like clutch or flywheel problem. The shuddering got worse and worse till I felt it even when the engine was warm. Finally last time I asked the dealer to have my car checked by BMW NA rep. The rep came in Irvine and test drove my car. I was told by SA that the clutch is "pre-matured" because of aggressive driving!!! (I don't know whether or not M car is designed for aggressive driving but if not why I'm driving M6 instead of 328???). Long story short, They ordered the clutch kit including Flywheel and I'm waiting for part to come in. probably in two weeks they will replace the clutch kit. The funny thing is I neither tracked the car nor used the LC more than 10 times. For sure this is manufacturing defect...
DCT's clutch is not supposed to be worn or damaged very fast like manual cars
BTW, my car is bone stock and I have 10K mile on the clock!
I have the same shudder when going into reverse. On the initial push of the gas, I feel the back end shudder. Almost as if the driveshaft is getting brought up to speed. It concerns me and I am thinking of taking the car into the dealer for it.

I have a 14 m6 gc with 400 miles on it.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0