09-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #14
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
In California you would be incorrect. Police have to have suspicion of something to pull you out and search you, it cannot be based on not having a front license plate, they can site you for that but cannot accuse you of drunk driving simply because of the plate. I am 32 and have had over 25 traffic violations, most of which I have beaten in the court system. In regards to front license plates you can get that "fix it" ticket as many times as the police would like to give them to you and they are always $25. Now if you're a mule carrying narcotics, I would say put on a front plate to minimize run ins with the law.
Thank you. That was my point, police don't just yank you out of your car given you sobriety test b/c you don't have the front tag. They usually give you a warning, which you have to prove that it is fixed (show photo to the judge) or an actual ticket then off you go. If you have a DUI record, then they're more likely to give you the breathalyzer if you look or smell remotely drunk. If you don't have a record, just keep your mouth shut and sign the ticket/warning even if you had a few drinks within the limits.

You're more likely to be pulled over for having dark windows tint, than not having the front tag. Just from experience.
Appreciate 0